Thursday, July 27, 2006

why2be


nothin really matters
nothin really changes
same old scene
never rearranges
go through life
go through stages
womb to the pain
through ages
child to main
like the sages
all the rage is
turn the pages
can't be faded
I'm elated
satiated
never hated


I never look back
gotta keep pushin
even when the love of life
goes missin
that's where she's at and I cain't
I member even moma said was a ho
but love is blind and lifes a fool
thought the benz and the big booty made me really cool
rollin out to nowhere, pedal to the gas
missin lots a payments, givin her my last

to the dope man , to the race track, to the jewerly store
you'll never get it back

to the hotel, to the hoe stro, to the main line
you wanna feel it mo

thought I had control, thought I made the moves
thought I was the thang
thought I felt the groove

but the real was
never was a man
never had a chance
never had a plan

many are blind many are wise
but does it really matter
when your life flashes by
but then it's too late
the haters caint hate
you body lays in state
I'm at the pearly gate
somehow I can't relate
my dream turned to fate
because I couldn't wait
I wanted to be great
but I'm just a man
wonderin why2be


I wake up everyday 4:16
with my vision in my mind
my life is passin by
I'm runnin outta time

I never sold crack
I never drove a Lac
I never pimped ho's
with the diamond in the back
I thought I was man-child
so I'd play a while
so I went to school
not to be a fool
learned my history
it's not mystery
all the things we did
built the pyramids

Amon ,Mhotep
never outta step
Martin Luther King
ya cain't kill dream
St Louis Blues
never made the news

Mile Davis
came to save us
John Coltrane
was my main thang
M Tyner
nothin finer
H Hancock
don't ya ever stop
never owned glock
wanna stop the clock

stop the world it's movin too fast
why am I so special
only nigga in the class
world trade center
on fire
Condelezza is a liar

we gotta wake up
we gotta go down
down to Texas
to the ho-down
but if I hate you
how can I be true
if I love all
all the things you do

they did it, they made it,
they worked it, they laid it

they set it up, they torn it down,
they wore it out, they ran it around

they thought of it, they wrote it,
they appointed it, they voted it,

we lived it, we fought it
we survived it, but we bought it

they is you,,,,,

born for a reason
vision in motion
every cause
every act
every notion

has purpose
greater than me
every man has a reason to be
every life has a destiny
every thought
has originality
every mind
is a pity to waste
every truth
it ain't easy face

to the wise man , to the alter, to the secret place
I'll never falter

to the preacher, to the teacher, to the rugged cross
I wanna know that grace

thought I had control, thought I made the moves
thought I was the thang
thought I felt the groove

but the real is
now I am man
now I have a chance
now I have a plan

No comments: