Thursday, October 26, 2006

the weapon


killing man
killing child
killing man-child
in the name of God
in the name of Allah
in the name of wrinkled colorized photographs
in golden glitter frames
of Chairman Mao
swaying back and forth beneath rear view mirrors
in Beijing taxicabs
can you hear them
the dead can whisper
when the dust bleeds like ruddy mud
hardened droplets
on newly forgotten graves
irrelevant and banned from tv broadcast news
by the alliance of evil

at one time I thought myself as a killer
trained, ordained, pledged and sworn
to Orwellian symbolic virtues
killing mind
killing time
killing thought
while they strapped the weapon so tightly on my shoulder
my arm grew numb and my heart and that rifle were as one
and my swinting eye traversed her length
my cheek pressed to her butt
in my arms as a woman
known to me in secret affection
I lay with her that afternoon
prone...
ready...
cock fire

a time to murder
a time to rape
a time to go insane
while white coats and IV's and perscription medicines pump through unsuspecting
martyrs, heroes of the new world order...
defenders of liars
and the father of all lies
concealed behind the greatest lie
that demons are angels
and devils are gods
that God is Satan
that black is white
that death is life
that freedom is apathy for some
and tyranny for all the rest
while I sit comfortably in my naive deception sipping coffee, reading books, smoking
and discussing questions of hypothetical importance
finding conclusions of philosphical simulation...
killing hope
killing fear
what weapon will give invincible virtues...and
if the greatest weapon is love how can the dead be trimuphant
while the murders rape the women and children
and set the fields afire
what is in the mind of the murderer to supply an invincible righteousness
while he sleeps at night, so soundly, serenly, complicit in ignorance,
bathes his children in procelian tubs ringed with brass
and shiny ornaments, under track lighting, skylights, custom made home alarms,
gun closets, wandering pit-bulls and private security
killing truth
killing love
killing me
killing you

3 comments:

rp said...

I'll go first: I hate war and war mongers.......I think we are killing people in order to preserve our way of life, driving SUV's and eating lean barbeque..............

Anonymous said...

that about covers it

Anonymous said...

the greatest weapon is love...............it overcomes all things,,,,,,,,,shines light into darkness, provides strength, turns grief into joy, confusion to order, restores hope, and brings truth........