Wednesday, October 18, 2006

run run......................


bullets drop from the sky
as pre teen asian girls
run naked
crying
burning
singing the song
of napalm
reigning through the hardened globe
casting a new dimension on Iraq
my brother told me he would
drive a truck for 500 thousand a year
until his head was severed by a large knife
and seen on the internet
in cold acquiescence to an unseen power
my sister is apolitical
a defense contractor lackey
paid off with bourgeois trinkets
for we all shall surely die
some rich
some poor
all dead
and what does life mean
once my $200 toaster sits on a shelf
at Value Village for $15
and my beloved car is transformed into a mobile
teenage party-mobile
and my body
puffed up and saturated with
fluids like a decorated cadaver
lies in a tomb
beneath the earth
as the bombs fall in Babylon
as flies swarm over
hungry
naked
black children's swelled bellies
under hot African sons
on the sands of power
greedy people
having all but never
enough
as ignorant people
committing violence
from America
live
over the internet
in the name
of Freedom?
killing
in his name
live
over the internet
of Freedom............

No comments: